[Discuss] sound

dan moylan jdm at moylan.us
Mon Apr 27 10:46:04 EDT 2020

as i wrote in my last missive to blu, i have two
computers:

arcturas, an intel nuc10, running fc31, and
aldeberon, an asus aspire E1-472P, also running fc31.

i run dnf upgrade on each every week.

i use timidity to play my fife&drum music files, and find
that on each of the computers, aperiodically it will cease
to work, and then on some dnf upgrade will return to
functionality.

right now, the sound on arcturas has completely ceased to
work -- no youtube, no zoom, no output from "settings" sound
test.  aldeberon's sound system continues okay.

how can i set up my sound for more robust functionality?
my son, who runs windows, sneers at me, and i grind my
teeth.

tia,
ole dan

j. daniel moylan