[Discuss] Using thunderbird for sending gmail

Jerry Feldman gaf.linux at gmail.com
Mon Aug 31 15:38:33 EDT 2020

I have 2 gmail accounts that I use. Both are now being blocked.
I generally use the gmail app or web interface for these accounts, but for
sending messages with templates, such as BLU announcements.
"Less secure app blocked
Google blocked the app you were trying to use because it doesn't meet our
security standards.
Some apps and devices use less secure sign-in technology, which makes your
account more vulnerable. You can turn off access for these apps, which we
recommend, or turn on access if you want to use them despite the risks.
Google will automatically turn this setting OFF if it's not being used."

My settings are for SMTP:
smtp.gmail.com
port 465
SSL/TLS
Normal Password
my email address

My imap settings are:
imap.googlemail.com
Port 993
Normal Password
my email address

For SMTP I used to use the BLU server, but the comcast firewall messed that
up. I am now on FIOS, so I will try to restore my port forwarding when I
get time,

Jerry Feldman <gaf.linux at gmail.com>
Boston Linux and Unix
PGP key id: 6F6BB6E7
Key fingerprint: 0EDC 2FF5 53A6 8EED 84D1  3050 5715 B88D 6F6B B6E7