[Discuss] dovecot: "Disconnected (no auth attempts in 0 secs)"?

Daniel Barrett dbarrett at blazemonger.com
Thu Dec 17 12:38:33 EST 2020

I've started using dovecot for the first time (on localhost, to serve
IMAP folders locally) and keep seeing this message repeated in the
log:

  imap-login: Info: Disconnected (no auth attempts in 0 secs): user=<>, ...

Does anybody know if this indicates a problem that needs fixing?

The full story, config file, & logs are in this Stack Overflow
question I posted a few days ago, if anybody knows the answer:

  https://stackoverflow.com/questions/65296088/why-does-dovecot-on-localhost-repeat-disconnected-no-auth-attempts-in-0-secs

Happy holidays,
Dan