[Discuss] Wireguard [Was Re: dovecot: "Disconnected (no auth attempts in 0 secs)"?]

Kent Borg kentborg at borg.org
Fri Dec 18 10:52:22 EST 2020

I hadn't heard of Wireguard before. It looks cool.

Being one of those weirdos who runs his own e-mail servers, I've been
getting frustrated that there doesn't seem to be an affordable way to
get a reliable static IP address at home. I have been thinking the way
to do it might be to still run the server at home, but tunnel to a
static IP address at someplace like Linode.

Wireguard, from my quick look, makes it look pretty easy. Tell the
server software to use the Wireguard network device, on then on the
cloud end tell the e-mail related ports to route to the Wireguard
network device on that end.

-kb