[Discuss] dovecot: "Disconnected (no auth attempts in 0 secs)"?

Daniel Barrett dbarrett at blazemonger.com
Fri Dec 18 13:15:47 EST 2020

On December 17, 2020, Dan Ritter wrote:
>Yup, this. Nuisance value.

Thanks for the guesses, but I'm pretty sure in my case something else
is happening. The computer in question is firewalled from all incoming
requests from the internet, and as mentioned, the IMAP server is
accessible only via localhost. More detail from the Stack Overflow
writeup mentioned above:

  Dec 14 14:36:18 imap-login: Info: Disconnected (no auth attempts in 0 secs):
  user=<>, rip=127.0.0.1, lip=127.0.0.1, secured, session=<ezeLwXG2K+F/AAAB>

Also the messages appear every 30 minutes like clockwork.

My best guess is that one of the (several) IMAP clients on the
computer is disconnecting every 30 minutes, but I don't know if this
is due to a misconfiguration or just normal behavior...?

Dan