[Discuss] TechRadar: Big changes could be coming to Linux programming

Jerry Feldman gaf.linux at gmail.com
Tue Jun 2 11:15:29 EDT 2020

I go back to the key punch days when we used 80 column punch cards. I also
worked on a system when we had a terminal oriented input that had to be
converted to punch card format for transmission. While most computer
languages today don't have a line length restriction some standards
still apply.
I spent many years in working with and porting other people's code, and I
have always felt that readability is important, even in assembly code. So,
while I think longer lines are ok, sometimes printing out the code can be
problematic with long lines on letter size paper.

TechRadar: Big changes could be coming to Linux programming.
https://www.techradar.com/news/big-changes-could-be-coming-to-linux-programming

--
Jerry Feldman <gaf.linux at gmail.com>
Boston Linux and Unix http://www.blu.org