[Discuss] Secondary DNS server

Dan Ritter dsr at randomstring.org
Thu Jun 4 08:38:23 EDT 2020

Jerry Feldman wrote:
> Last year, the guy who was providing a secondary DNS server for us decided
> not to do it any more.. Since we essentially have zero income, we are
> looking for someone who can donate it. If not, we can find a low cost
> service.
> We provide primary DNS for the BLU plus a few more not for profits. And
> jabr has a couple of personal zones.
> So, if anyone is able to provide the service, please contact me directly.

Hurricane Electric will do secondary DNS for free.

https://puck.nether.net/dns/login will do it for free.

I have used both of those. HE is extremely reliable; Puck is
reasonably reliable.

BuddyNS ( https://www.buddyns.com/faq/ ) will do it for free but
would appreciate donations.  I haven't used them.

-dsr-