[Discuss] systemd plans to solve a problem I didn't know I had....

Rich Braun richb at pioneer.ci.net
Sat Jun 6 21:00:55 EDT 2020

Other than a raised central digit, my own response to systemd is two words: Docker. Kubernetes.

While my kubernetes hosts need at least a little systemd orchestration to get the volumes mounted and a few basic monitoring services running, gone are the days of troubleshooting circular dependencies at an emergency-boot prompt in the middle of the night.

The kubernetes overall design is a vastly superior paradigm for non-stop HA clustered services and legacy Linux daemons alike.

-rich