[Discuss] apps that change (Re: Password managers)

Derek Martin invalid at pizzashack.org
Mon May 11 22:21:48 EDT 2020

On Mon, May 11, 2020 at 09:01:53PM -0400, jbk wrote:
> On 5/11/20 8:17 PM, Derek Martin wrote:
> > FWIW, not exactly releated to this thread, but this is my problem with
> > apps, particularly phone apps but it applies elsewhere as well.  I've
> > been using some app for months/years/whatever and suddenly after an
> > update, it's a totally different app with a different UI and different
> > features, some of the ones I cared about the most being gone.
> >
> > Please, if you're an app writer, don't do that.  :)
> >
> That's why I stopped updating applications on my phone a year ago. Things
> just became something else. But again it helps that I don't use any social
> media.

Yeah, I considered that for about a split second, before I remembered
that it would also mean not getting security updates and bug fixes,
which are also much harder to find out about in the app world than...
eslewhere.

I guess it's just a case of "you get what you pay for."  And I never
pay for phone apps. ;-)

-=-=-=-=-