[Discuss] HPLIP in a VirtualBox

epp at mcom.com epp at mcom.com
Sat Nov 28 19:22:36 EST 2020

On 11/23/20 1:52 PM, epp at mcom.com wrote:
> On 11/23/20 1:32 PM, epp at mcom.com wrote:
>> On 11/23/20 1:25 PM, Rich Pieri wrote:

>>> NAT vs. bridged network?
>>
>> NAT was the default, I left it at that setting. I've since become
>> aware that NAT only provides IPv4, where Bridged provides both 4 and 6.
>
> In Bridged mode, the HPLIP GUI still doesn't launch.

It had been suggested off-list that a VirtualBox be created with a fixed
size, rather than expandable, as it will run faster. This has been done.

Although now, 'hp-setup' will not launch from a terminal window -
displaying a message that it cannot connect to a display, the HPLIP
Toolbox (GUI) now launches...