[Discuss] Update on Video Memory

epp at mcom.com epp at mcom.com
Sat Oct 17 20:53:22 EDT 2020

I found a Radeon-based graphics card on Amazon, which had a PCI-E x1
connection, it was the only x1 card they offered that was Radeon-based.
It came with DVI-to-VGA adapters.

Once installed, Linux detected it as both a graphics card as well as an
audio device. However, in the monitor settings, it was detected as a 'DVI
Monitor' with maximum screen resolution of 1024x768, in connecting both
a VGA monitor and a TV. Since that resolution is too large, the card is
being returned and I'll stick with the on-board Radeon.