[Discuss] Avoiding paying Windows license in the US

Jack Coats jack at coats.org
Tue Jun 1 17:45:38 EDT 2021

In my experience, the amount you get back is almost zero especially if you
consider your time.
Bundling it costs most PC makers almost nothing (think $10/seat for
consumer systems, and
pro systems often come unbundled so they can stick you for more on you
'enterprise agreement').
It has been a long time since I purchased a new system either personal or
commercial
but that is my take from a long time ago.