[Discuss] work search question

Eric Chadbourne eric.chadbourne at icloud.com
Thu May 20 10:12:00 EDT 2021

Hi All,

Any tips on favorite places to look for work or contracts?  I tend to wear hats with three letters but ^C.  Dev, Sec, Ops, and the like.  100% remote.  Usually burn out or get bored in three years.  A contract shorter than seems to be the best.

I tend to avoid the bigger places like Dice.  I used linkedin way back in the day when they got hacked and notified everybody by snail mail.  lol Imagine companies doing that now?  The post office would be wealthy!  I tend to avoid the smaller people like craigslist as it's littered with scammers.

Freelancer feels like a rush to the bottom.  Not sure if I could survive on that or on one of the bug bounty services like ZDI.

My current favorite method is to listen to tech podcasts and if I like what they are talking about, look up the company, and see if they are hiring.  This morning I listened to Darknet Diaries and applied at Cybereason.  Usually one or two leads a week.

So are any of you looking around in odd ways?

Thanks,

Eric