[Discuss] Name an upcoming O'Reilly book?

Daniel Barrett dbarrett at blazemonger.com
Mon Nov 15 10:37:53 EST 2021

On June 2, 2021, Daniel Barrett wrote:
>I'm working on a new Linux book and I'm having trouble coming up with
>a good title. So I'm soliciting your suggestions[...]

Thank you to the 8 BLU members who submitted title suggestions back in
June for my upcoming Linux book, which aims to raise people's
day-to-day skills at the command line. O'Reilly ultimately elected to
use a different title that was not suggested by a BLU member, but I am
crediting BLU in the acknowledgments for helping out.

The final title is "Efficient Linux at the Command Line." The book is
fully drafted and now in technical review. Publication should be
mid-year 2022. If you're interested, an early rough draft of the first
four chapters is free online at:

  https://www.oreilly.com/library/view/efficient-linux-at/9781098113391/

Much has changed since this "raw and unedited" draft, but it should
give an idea of the book's philosophy and style.

Thanks again!

--
Dan Barrett
dbarrett at blazemonger.com