[Discuss] odd problem

Edward epp at sillydog.org
Mon Nov 15 16:50:47 EST 2021

On 11/15/21 14:40, dan moylan wrote:
> i've been happily running fc33 on an intel nuc-10 connected
> to an aoc monitor.  recently, i was attempting to connect
> the nuc to the 55 in lg tv over my mantel and had trouble
> with the logitec K404r keyboard.  when i summoned a terminal
> it came up, but the keyboard did not communicate.  the
> keyboard's built in touchpad worked fine, but the keypad
> itself did not connect.  moving back to the aoc monitor,
> same issue.
>
> aha, says i, the touchpad is fine, but the keyboard has
> somehow become faulty.  off to the microcenter, coming home
> with a logitec K400+ keyboard.  agrrragh!  same issue.
> note, however, that when the login screen came up, i was
> able to type in the password successfully, but after
> summoning a terminal -- total disconnect.
>
> what the hell have i done?
>
> any suggestions would be appreciated.
>
> tia,
> ole dan

https://support.logi.com/hc/en-us/articles/360023464113-Wireless-Touch-Keyboard-K400-Plus-Technical-Specifications

According to this, it's 2.4GHz wireless. Since it sounds like it and the
original are operating erratically, is there another device in close
range that is also using 2.4Ghz? If so, it could be interfering with the
communications between the keyboard and its receiver.

--
If it doesn't work right out of the box, they're in the wrong business.