[Discuss] fc35 installation issues

dan moylan jdm at moylan.us
Sat Nov 20 09:19:08 EST 2021

i didn't go back to the nuc-10 for several days, being
occupied with other concerns, but friday, after moving back
to the aoc monitor, i tapped enter a couple of times and up
comes a screen asking for my name, and then another asking
me to set a password, and then seemingly i'm in -- fc35 is
all installed and i was liveuser.  i rebooted, got the
normal login screen, logged in and voila!  df showed
everything in place.  what the hell?

fwiw i had selected the auto-configuration, deleting
everything on my 250GB ss disk.

now busy upgrading, setting up my data bases and installing
all the missing pieces.  ah, sweet mystery of life!  thanks
for your suggestions.

ole dan

On Fri, Nov 19, 2021, 10:08 PM Matthew Gillen <me at mattgillen.net> wrote:

> After the error, check some of the other virtual terminals
> (cntl-alt-F[2,3,4,5,6]) to see if there's something useful in the
> textual logs.
>
> https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/fedora/rawhide/install-guide/install/Installing_Using_Anaconda/
>
> ("Accessing Consoles")
>
> Are you having it create a new GPT partition table?  If any partition is
> over 2TB you might have issues (depending on disk manufacturer) unless
> you're using a GPT partition table.
>
> On 11/17/2021 3:21 PM, dan moylan wrote:
> >
> > booted nuc-10 from fresh memory stick and attempted
> > installation.

> > device selection
> > ATA SATA SSD  check
> >
> > automatic
> > selected disks & boot loader
> > AtA SATA SSD  check
> > close
> > reclaim space
> > delete
> > reclaim space
> > error checking storage configuration
> >
> > ???
> > went through the cycle three times, same result.
> > what  have i missed?

j. daniel moylan
84 harvard ave
brookline, ma 02446-6202