[Discuss] Abolish DST (was This year's Beowulf Bash is not for the lily-livered)

Kent Borg kentborg at borg.org
Mon Nov 22 11:04:47 EST 2021

On 11/22/21 7:15 AM, Rich Pieri wrote:
> So yeah, abolishing DST isn't just a silly windmill tilting exercise,
> IMO.

My gripe with the abolitionists is that our ranks are infiltrated with a
fifth-column: people aren't trying to abolish DST, they are trying to
make DST permanent, year around.

A bunch of morning people who like to wake up before dawn, being bullies.

-kb, the Kent who keeps some of his clocks—the obscure ones he mostly
forgets about anyway—on permanent Standard Time.

P.S. And what happens over time, when collective habits drift back to
later in the day? Do the dictatorial morning people impose /another/
time zone change, put Boston on Greenland Time, to again make everyone
get up early again? "Daylight Saving Time" really means "Make Everyone
Get up Early Time".