[Discuss] Abolish DST (was This year's Beowulf Bash is not for the lily-livered)

Rich Pieri richard.pieri at gmail.com
Mon Nov 22 11:40:01 EST 2021

On Mon, 22 Nov 2021 08:04:47 -0800
Kent Borg <kentborg at borg.org> wrote:

> My gripe with the abolitionists is that our ranks are infiltrated
> with a fifth-column: people aren't trying to abolish DST, they are
> trying to make DST permanent, year around.

DST is not a time zone. DST is "daylight savings time", the process of
changing the clocks twice a year. "Abolish DST" means getting rid of
that process.

Many of us, myself included, prefer UTC-4 to UTC-5 for Boston because it
makes both dawn *AND DUSK* later in the day according to wall clock
time.

Calling me a bully for that is not appreciated and I ask you to keep
your insults to yourself, thank you very much.

--