[Discuss] Abolish DST (was This year's Beowulf Bash is not for the lily-livered)

Shirley Márquez Dúlcey mark at buttery.org
Mon Nov 22 13:08:28 EST 2021

I'm with Kent on this one. I hate the conspiracy of the morning people.

While we are at it, we should also redraw the US time zone boundaries to
more accurately reflect solar time. Ohio, Michigan, and all of Kentucky,
Tennessee, and Indiana should be in the Central time zone. (Parts of
Georgia and Florida as well; figuring out where to put the boundary is an
exercise for another day.) North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Oklahoma,
and Texas should be in the Mountain zone. Utah and Arizona should be in the
Pacific time zone, along with all of Idaho and Oregon. That realignment
would put noon within half an hour of solar noon for nearly everybody.