[Discuss] Abolish DST (was This year's Beowulf Bash is not for the lily-livered)

Laura Conrad lconrad at laymusic.org
Mon Nov 22 13:11:55 EST 2021

    Kent> On 11/22/21 8:12 AM, Jerry Feldman wrote:
    >> Sundial clocks are the answer.

    Kent> I like them. But still have to pick what to calibrate to.

    Kent> I have mused with the idea of Somerville Solar Time, referenced to the
    Kent> Prospect Hill Meridian! Get hip businesses to hang clocks synced to
    Kent> Somerville Solar Time. It has a nice retro yet computerized quality.

Actually, I like the idea of abolishing all timezones and having time be
UTC everywhere, with the times for starting school or work picked to be
reasonable for the location.

--
Laura   (mailto:lconrad at laymusic.org)
(617) 661-8097	233 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02139

At dawn, the magpie sings, and by day the black cockatoo wing their
way across a sunny sky.  The koala, possum, dingo and carpet snake are
silent on the land below.  A mist covers the mountains.  We and our
land are crying for you.

Eve Fesl, Matriarch of the Gubbi Gubbi tribe, eulogizing Steve Irwin