[Discuss] Abolish DST (was This year's Beowulf Bash is not for the lily-livered)

Jim Gasek jim at gasek.net
Mon Nov 22 13:25:46 EST 2021

Abolish it, the changing of clocks.
Unnecessary.
I don't care which one people choose.
Who even says "8am" is a start time?
Or 5pm an end time?

I have always believed these kinds of stupid LAWS are a result of
politicians which will do ANYTHING to divert attention away from
their infinite incompetence, or criminal activities.

Especially dumb things like so-called "daylight savings",
which SAVES NOTHING.   Only causes unnecessary complexity.
Daylight isn't saved, just moved around.

It should be called "daylight moving".

Hold politicians accountable.
Make them call stuff what it really is.

Stop asking government to do things for us.  Anything.
They will gladly latch onto our stupid suggestions, rather than
do their jobs, do the needful.

Keep government small and efficient.

Politicians love bait and switch, shiny objects which divert
attention away from important items, and onto unimportant ones.

Thanks,
Jim Gasek