[Discuss] Potential Subject for BLU Meeting

markw at mohawksoft.com markw at mohawksoft.com
Sat Oct 23 15:50:36 EDT 2021

Containers are NOT a light weight vm. Processes in a container are
processes in the main system.

Containers are essentially processes run in a chroot jail. The LXC stuff
in the linux kernel adds a lot of namespace isolation and tools for
containers, but in the end a process in a container are processes in your
system.

In a VM the hypervisor has a process ID, but all the processes in a VM are
in the VM and not really exposed to the system.