[Discuss] Potential Subject for BLU Meeting

markw at mohawksoft.com markw at mohawksoft.com
Sun Oct 24 09:35:30 EDT 2021

I think it may be cool if there were a "deep dive" on virtualization *and*
containers.

(1) Brief discussion about what virtualization is
(2) VMware, HyperV, KVM/QEMU, and XEN, what the basic differences are.
(3) Deep dive on KVM/QEMU
 (3a) VirtIO
 (3b) Networking NAT, Bridge
 (3c) Utilities
(4) Brief discussion about containers
(5) LXC, Docker, Podman, and Kubernetes
(6) Deep dive on Podman
 (6a) namespaces
 (6b) Networking
 (6c) Mapping directories into containers
 (6d) Utilities
(7) Examples

The above would be a master class and probably have to be a collaborative
work, but VMs and containers are the foundations of cloud computing and
covering this stuff would be very helpful to anyone trying to wade through
this stuff.