[Discuss] Apple email is yucky

Derek Atkins derek at ihtfp.com
Tue Oct 26 00:09:54 EDT 2021

On Mon, October 25, 2021 10:18 pm, Edward wrote:
> I would love to see Thunderbird brought over to Android and iPhone.

I use AquaMail (Pro) on Android, and I've been pretty happy with it.  I
have, over the past decade, tried several different email apps on Android
including the default Mail app (from HTC), GMail, K-9 Mail, and Aquamail
(I'm probably missing some).

I admit that I do have a few requirements that are probably not quite
standard:

1) I've got two different email accounts (personal and work) that I want
access to from the same app.

2) Work email is Outlook, so the app needs to support that.  Better if it
also supports Outlook calendar and contacts (because I have multiple
accounts there, too).

3) I need it to support multiple email addresses on an email account.  For
example, my personal email has several aliases, and I want to be able to
send email as any of them.

I'm sure I had other requirements at the time that I can't think of now.

I doubt it's available on iOS, but you never know.

The TWO downsides are that the app top-posts by default, although you can
actually change that, and replies from the app don't seem to thread
properly (perhaps it misses the References header?).  This has never
bothered me enough to submit a bug report.

-derek

--
       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745