[Discuss] Virt-Manager

Edward epp at sillydog.org
Tue Oct 26 13:13:02 EDT 2021

That, I did... With a complete discombobulation of the display when I
switched it to *ramfb* (fb=framebuffer?) and rebooted. X then made a
decision that it would not start and ended up with a happily blinking
cursor. Switched the video back to VirtIO and rebooted, then the screen
resolution became so large that the task bar/menu was not even on the
screen. I hit something under the View menu which brought the display to
a finer-resolution, but at least the taskbar and menu were then
accessible, I changed the resolution back to 1440x900.

The distro definitely has some issues with video.