[Discuss] Off Topic and Proud of It: Untraceable Garage Door Openers: No Alexa, No Siri, no nothing

Dan Ritter dsr at randomstring.org
Sun Sep 26 15:29:50 EDT 2021

MC wrote:
> Okay...this is off-topic, but i'm sick and tired of living under
> surveillance in this country and i'm not gonna tolerate the new NSA stunt: I
> can't buy a garage door opener without it having the option for a Siri or
> Alexa authorization. I just want a stupid motorized door......ANY
> SUGGESTIONS????

It took me not quite a minute to go to homedepot.com and
discover they have 11 kinds of garage door openers in stock in
Waltham, and 5 of them are not "smart" units.

So you have at least five to choose from, starting at $128.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Chamberlain-1-2-HP-Heavy-Duty-Chain-Drive-Garage-Door-Opener-D2101/316307826#product-overview

Three in stock right now.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Genie-QuietLift-750-3-4-HPc-Ultra-Quiet-Belt-Drive-Garage-Door-Opener-1055-TKV/310599562#product-overview

Four in stock, optional "smart" addon but it's not included

etc.

-dsr-