[Discuss] bluetooth

dan moylan jdm at moylan.us
Thu Jan 27 17:38:12 EST 2022

jerry feldman wrote:
> I have an "Edimax Bluetooth Adapter for PC, BT 5.0 EDR Nano USB Dongle,
> Fast Transfer, Bluetooth Headphones Headset Speakers Keyboard Mouse, Win
> 8/10, Linux: 2.6.32 - 5.3 (Fedora & Ubuntu only), BT-8500"
> I use it to connect wireless earbuds and earphones. I control it from the
> bluetooth settings. It is available from Amazon at $16.99. My earbuds
> connect fine. The only issue I have is the jabra earbuds battery does not
> last long enough and the samsung earbuds are temperamental (mostly RTFM).

> On Thu, Jan 27, 2022 at 3:59 PM dan moylan <jdm at moylan.us> wrote:

> > dan ritter wrote:

> > > Does it have to be bluetooth?
> >
> > nope, just need something reliable and painless.

my apolgies for not being perfectly clear.   what i envision is
this:

    +-------------------+        +------------------+
    |laptop with        |   rf   |wireless receiver |
    |wireless transmiter|  ~~~>  |possibly bluetooth|
    |possibly bluetooth |        |a/c powered       |
    +-------------------+        +--------+---------+

                                          | 3.5 mm short
                                          | stereo cable

                                 +--------+---------+
                                 |audio sys across  |
                                 |the room          |
                                 +--------+---------+

the problem with my present adapter is that it looses
connectivity, and requires one to push a button to
reconnect, which is not close to to the laptop where i'm
fiddling with "settings".  none of my other bluetooth
devices require a button push.

jerry suggests a bluetooth transmitting dongle, but i don't think
i need one as the laptop bluetooth works well with other devices.

it's a better wireless receiver i need.

thanks for the replies,
ole dan

j. daniel moylan