[HH] concrete drilling & radar/x-ray question

Stephen Ronan sronan at gmail.com
Fri Dec 9 10:33:56 EST 2011

> I gather a metal detector wouldn't help due to rebar? If you just needed
> to detect live power lines, there are tools that can help with that.
>
> Is the building so old that a review of the blueprints would be
> impossible or insufficient?

I'm wildly guessing the building dates to around the 1970's. For
reasons I don't understand the GPR person was very dismissive of
the possibility that a review of the blueprints would adequately
address the problem. From what I read, "post-tension cables"
seems like a significant potential issue; I don't have a sense of
whether there'd be another way to determine their location.

Stephen Ronan