[HH] MIT Fleamarket

Tom Metro tmetro+hhacking at gmail.com
Tue Jul 5 01:28:50 EDT 2011

I'm thinking of unloading some old machines - like a Sun and an SGI
Indigo - at the MIT Flea market. Anyone here been through the process of
selling/swapping/giving away gear there and know what's involved?

Is this the canonical site?
http://www.mitflea.com/

I also see:
http://w1mx.mit.edu/flea-at-mit

Looks like it costs $20 to sell there for one space - whatever that is
(I didn't see dimensions mentioned). And looks like there is a discount
if you register by the 5th. But it has to be mailed in (what, not email,
web form, or even fax?). It's only a $3 discount, so no big deal.

I wouldn't expect an even aimed at hacker types to start at 9 AM (7 AM
setup for vendors). :-)

I added a reminder to my calendar for the next one on July 17th, but if
you follow it closely, feel free to post reminders to this list as the
3rd Sunday of the month approaches.