[HH] Arduino

Mark Woodward markw at mohawksoft.com
Thu Jun 30 13:08:32 EDT 2011

On 06/30/2011 12:14 PM, Tom Metro wrote:
> Mark Woodward wrote:
>> My arduino came in the mail today!
> Do you have something in mind to do with it? What's the first project?

Actually yes, yes I do.

The linuxpcrobot (www.linuxpcrobot.org) :-) currently uses a PS/2 ball
mouse for the motor encoding system. Since PS/2 ball mice are about as
common as your run of the mill dodo bird, anyone trying to build the
thing is pretty SOL when trying to build their own.

Also, I use a K8055 I/O board to do some fairly simple D/A for the motor
drive system as well as A/D to read battery voltage.  The PWM motor
drive system takes +/- 5V analog drive signal. +5 forward, -5 reverse 0
volts stop, and produces PWM.

There's no reason I can't use the two CTC  to do the PWM, use a couple
bits for direction, read the motor encoders, and monitor the battery
voltage in the Arduino. If there is enough headroom, I may even move a
little more of the control functionality in.