[HH] FPGA password cracking supercomputer

Kurt Keville kkeville at MIT.EDU
Mon Aug 6 19:35:35 EDT 2012

Picocomputing? Damn, where did femto go?

There have been FPGA implementations that do this around for awhile... we did one one year for
https://sites.google.com/site/sc10scc/scc-applications/password-recovery
It was a similar challenge; and quite an exercise in parallelization

I suspect it is an unwinnable fight... just wait until Quantum Computing hits the streets though... you find one solution, you have found all solutions (or so I'm told).