[HH] Resend: DD-WRT 'Client Mode' 'Client Bridge' with Atheros chips

Kurt Keville kkeville at MIT.EDU
Mon Aug 20 20:46:43 EDT 2012

I will ping some folks I know over at the OpenFenway project (http://www.openairboston.com/fenway). It seems to me they went through this exact problem once back in the day. Their distro (OpenWRT / Open-Mesh) has common roots with DD-WRT and the drivers for their usually Atheros chipsets was nominally madwifi or madwifi-ng if memory serves. Broadcom chipsets use a different driver (HostAP maybe?) so it wouldn't surprise me if their implementation of client mode differs. Apologies for the walk down memory lane...