[HH] MythTv server (backend) on an energy efficient PC

Harvey Parad hparad at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 31 19:56:39 EST 2012

I want to be able to use a ROKU box to play live/recorded TV and found a MythTv app. Assuming this would work, what I need is to install one of the easy to install pre-configured MythTV/Linux distribution on a spare PC to act as a server. Since the server will be on 24/7, I don't want to do this unless it's energy efficient. There are dual core ARM A9 pc's designed as a TV dongle http://www.amazon.com/MK808-Android-Rockchip-RK3066-Cortex-A9/dp/B009OX22B4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1357001207&sr=8-1&keywords=MK808 which comes with Andriod 4.1 installed. I have watched procedures for updating the OS via USB and installing apps. Question: I don't think there is a MythTV for Androis (yet). Could I install one of the existing MythTv (Ubunto???) packaged installs on an MK808? Would I want to.. is there enough horsepower to run the MythTV server side.