[HH] Home remote control - not exactly hardware hacking.

Federico Lucifredi flucifredi at acm.org
Sun Jan 8 00:33:04 EST 2012

I recently ran into this

http://www.nutech.com/online-store/35.html

I haven't tried it personally, and I haven't heard of anyone who used this yet, but it seems like an interesting concept:  owners of those alarm systems can tap into the movement sensor data, and use that from the home automation framework to trigger actions based on room occupancy.

I do wonder if this interferes with the system's nominal security use, but I guess not.

Best -F