[HH] latest Android on HP TouchPads

Bill Bogstad bogstad at pobox.com
Wed Jan 18 11:46:59 EST 2012

On Wed, Jan 18, 2012 at 9:29 AM, Kurt Keville <kkeville at mit.edu> wrote:
> I suspect now that WebOS is Open Sourced, we will see a lot of TouchPad
> owners stay with WebOS... non? I saw the limitations on WebOS at the BLU
> meeting on this topic but I suspect those will disappear pretty soon...

They've announced that they are going to make WebOS available as Open
Source.   When (if) it will actually happen and what license they will
use seems unclear.  HP has made source available for the GPLed stuff
for a long time now, but that's not the stuff that people need/want to
change.  I'm still running WebOS (now on 3.0.5) on my Touchpad and
Cyanogen Mod 9 (ICS) may be stable before HP even makes full WebOS
source available let alone any improvements from the public are
available.

Bill Bogstad