[HH] Hacking Embedded Linux: More Hardware than You Require

Greg London email at greglondon.com
Fri May 18 22:58:03 EDT 2012

When I get to the point of having a zed board, I will barter lessons on verilog rtl design and synthesis for an explanation on how to program linux.

Clearly the zed board is overkill for home automation. but if you are dealing with data or some kind of calculation where the software cant keep up, the ability to outsource any function to custom hardware (without designing a custom daughterboard with custom asic) is pretty cool.

Greg

Connected by DROID on Verizon Wireless