[HH] cheapest/simplest way to control a relay from a PC

Federico Lucifredi flucifredi at acm.org
Mon Nov 12 18:27:27 EST 2012

Hello Tom,
  I may not have caught all that went in the thread, did anyone mention this already?

Powerswitch Tail - $25
https://www.adafruit.com/products/268

  I like it because it is self-contained — I am all for hacking, but setting a house on fire is not the cool part of hacking. So, when using more than 18V, I do like things that come properly packaged…. cheaper than having them installed by a certified electrician, anyway :)

  When using relays, one still must take care not to overload the circuit — it is rating for some top load that, I am sure, is not adequate to start your dryer remotely.  Just saying.

 Best -F