[HH] FAVI SmartStick

Tom Metro tmetro+hhacking at gmail.com
Fri Oct 5 02:42:20 EDT 2012

Kurt Keville wrote:
> Cotton Candy finally shipped Monday...
> http://www.fxitech.com/2012/10/cstick-cotton-candy-available-now-to-all-global-developers/
> too little, too late...

Have they explained why it was so delayed? Seems like other vendors have
delivered similar products in shorter time frames.

Federico Lucifredi wrote:
> And too expensive, too. The "stickputer" I showed at OSCON was half that price.

Are they still selling for $200? If you comparing it to the SmartStick
it is 4 times the price.

But according to specs I posted in February, the Cotton Candy has
"dual-core 1.2 GHz ARM Cortex-A9 CPU w/Quad Core ARM Mali-400MP GPU",
while the SmartStick has a 1.0 Ghz ARM Cortex-A9 with an unknown GPU.
The clock difference is probably insignificant. Are all A9s dual-core,
or do we assume the SmartStick is single-core if it doesn't say otherwise?

Is it 4 times better?

How do the specs on the device you had at OSCON compare?