[HH] OLinuXino-Micro ARM9 Linux board

Tom Metro tmetro+hhacking at gmail.com
Mon Sep 17 15:05:35 EDT 2012

Dangerous Prototypes (@dangerousproto) tweeted and blogged about this,
and I'm quoting their entire blog posting, as it is so short:

http://dangerousprototypes.com/2012/09/12/olinuxino-micro-arm9-linux-board-available-at-mouser/

  Brightbluejim let us know that the OLinuXino-Micro ARM9 Linux board is
  available at Mouser for $30. It runs at 454 MHz, has 64 MB of RAM, an
  SD-card reader, TV PAL/NTSC video output, one USB High-Speed host
  port, and an a Pi-tossing 60 GPIO pins broken out.

Raspberry Pi competition? A commenter address that:

  Charles Babbage says:
  Arm9 inferior to Rpi's Arm11; 454Mhz slower than Rpi's 700Mhz; 64MB
  ram less than Rpi's 128 or 256MB; cost is more than Rpi; yes 60 GPIO
  >26 GPIO but other than that it seems the Pi is OlinuXino-tossing?

  Nabil says:
  True, but it's open source and free to use in your own projects, which
  I think is more important for a dev board. Also, take a look at their
  more powerful board which runs Android 4.0
http://ca.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Olimex-Ltd/A13-OLINUXINO-WIFI/?qs=sGAEpiMZZMtfUM4gNaCsXt%2f8G7WT37Q7

And the vendors site:
https://www.olimex.com/Products/OLinuXino/iMX233/iMX233-OLinuXino-MICRO/

where the board is selling for 24 Euros.

And more importantly the US distributor page:
http://www.mouser.com/new/olimex/olimex-olinuxinomicro/

(The higher-end Android-running board mentioned above is currently out
of stock, but sells for $71. It uses a 1 GHz Allwinner ARM Cortex A8,
Mali400 GPU, 512 MB RAM, and has a nano-ITX form factor. Aside from
having its hardware design on Github, doesn't sound unusual. See:
https://www.olimex.com/Products/OLinuXino/A13/A13-OLinuXino-WIFI-DEV/ )