[HH] You-Do-It Electronics carries Arduinos, Micro Center

Tom Metro tmetro+hhacking at gmail.com
Wed Apr 3 22:59:01 EDT 2013

markw at mohawksoft.com wrote:
>> A thread seen on the Artisan's Asylum Discussion List...if you work your
>> way through the reverse-chronological mess of top-posting, you'll see
>> that now carries a selection of Arduinos, and some stuff from Sparkfun
>> and adafruit.
>
> I LOVE YDI, but they are a bit pricey.

Agreed.

Sometimes their stuff is priced so much higher than other vendors that
when I do bother to use one of their coupons, which often provide a
significant discount, it only brings the price down to matching mail
order sources.

But they also have some bargains mixed in. I bought some long flexible
drill bits used for running wires in walls and they were priced quite
reasonably.

> For my money, I'd go to Microcenter in Cambridge. They have a pretty
> workable selection.

I haven't asked an employee yet, but a few times when I've been there
since they started advertising that they carried Arduinos I've wandered
around trying to find them and haven't. I expected to see them in the
last isle on the left at the back of the store where they have small
tools for electronics work.

Where are they hiding them?

Over the years I've noticed Micro Center has carried a varying selection
of electronics components. At one time they carried some general purpose
logic ICs and discretes, but still a smaller selection than you'd find
at a Radio Shack in the 90's.