[HH] Bitcoin mining hardware

Greg London email at greglondon.com
Thu Apr 18 17:33:53 EDT 2013

> Do you also think there is $100 worth of paper
> and ink in a 100 dollar bill?

You could probably print a $100 bill for a lot less than $100.
But if you do, and you get caught, you go to jail.
So the cost of manufacturing US money is irrelevant
to its actual value.

bitcoins are by design intended to be *manufactured*
by the people who use them. That means the cost to
manufacture them has a direct impact on how much they
are worth.

If I can manufacture a bitcoin every second for
the cost of a single FPGA, then I promise you,
bitcoins won't be trading for $100 a pop.