[HH] single board computers for use as a router

Jon Evans jon at craftyjon.com
Thu Apr 25 15:33:05 EDT 2013

While not open source, Mikrotik's RouterOS is pretty sweet.  It's free if
you buy their hardware, and they have a $60 5-port gigabit router.  It is
based on Linux and supports KVM; while it does not have built-in IDS (at
the moment) they have a wiki article about using KVM to add a guest OS to
run SNORT or your IDS of choice.

http://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:KVM

Their hardware is also great for the money.  Routing performance on mine
has been flawless on my heavily used 50Mbit line.