[HH] $10 Arduino Uno clone

Tom Metro tmetro+hhacking at gmail.com
Sat Dec 14 19:02:06 EST 2013

A couple of hardware hacking items in the latest Micro Center email...

$10 OSEPP Uno Main Board by Leo Sales Ltd.
http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.aspx?sku=451765

Normally sells for $20. Apparently a clone of the Arduino Uno. The site
should a couple of reviews, both positive.

$30 Robotic Arm Edge
http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.aspx?sku=991992

(out of stock locally)

Reminds me of the classic Radio Shack robot arm toy. Similar design in
that it is plastic parts with a wired remote. But looks better built. It
has a 3.5 oz lifting capacity. No reviews, but there is a demo video
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LivkkLzf82c).

It looks like the servos plug in to a control box though exposed
connectors. Maybe even using RC standard connectors? So it might be an
easy project to unplug them from the wired remote and attach them to an
Arduino powered server control board.

Speaking of robots, have you seen the robotic spider Adam Savage
recently acquired?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vVblGlIMgw

He didn't let on what it costs, other than to say it was a low-volume
production run that was 3D printed, and expensive. Ah, I see in the
on-screen graphics it is shown as costing just under $3K. I believe a
Kickstarter funded project. http://www.robugtix.com