[HH] Hardware Hacking sub-reddit

Tom Metro tmetro+hhacking at gmail.com
Mon Feb 4 00:58:40 EST 2013

Tom Metro wrote:
> I'm not aware of any
> alternative services that would address this deficiency.

These may not address the deficiency of Reddit, but some other
possibilities:

http://paper.li/

http://storify.com/

paper.li makes pretty online newspapers out of a collection of article
links. I get the impression that it pretty much depends on one person to
 assemble the paper, rather than taking input from a community.

There are also some existing sub-reddits that cover related topics:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Firmware/

http://www.reddit.com/r/linux_devices

The last one seems to be the more active of the two.

> ...some automation could be applied to generate a weekly posting
> to the list showing the top 10 (or whatever) articles from the past week.

Looks like Reddit has a built-in query for this:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Firmware/top/?sort=top&t=week

If that can be grabbed as an RSS feed, a little bit if glue code to
reformat it into an email and a cron entry would take care of posting it
to the mailing list.