[HH] Hardware Hacking sub-reddit

Mark Komarinski mkomarinski at wayga.org
Mon Feb 4 10:51:43 EST 2013

On 2/3/13 6:31 PM, Tom Metro wrote:
> Do any of you already use Reddit?
Used to.  Gave up about 4 years ago.  Having user-driven content and
editorial control is generally a recipe for disaster. There's admittedly
a lot of great articles on there, but there's way more crap and you're
too likely to have tyranny of the majority.  For a small community that
won't be too bad, but as it grows (and it likely will), you'll start
seeing problems.
> Are the news summary postings on the list useful? Or would you rather
> the list stick to project oriented discussion?

I'd recommend a /.-like setup where you have multiple editors, some
recommendations from users on what gets posted, and a good comment
moderation system.   Alternately, could you team up with an existing
site like hackaday.com and have your content added there?

-Mark