[HH] FYI: 2013 Cambridge Mini Maker Faire - Penultimate Call for entries

Kurt Keville kkeville at MIT.EDU
Mon Feb 25 13:47:08 EST 2013

I made the registration page into a tinyurl...

http://tinyurl.com/bag8l5k

-------------------------

Hey folks
Cambridge Mini Maker Faire = Saturday, April 13 - Noon - 4pm
Show people how to make!
Present your project!
Looking for more project ideas? Try some of these:
<http://www.google.com/url?q=http%3A%2F%2Fhow2today.wordpress.com&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNHLsSLhuZASubHS-Fd91z2IG10jNw>http://how2today.wordpress.com
If you have trouble viewing or submitting this form, you can fill it
out online:
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1UfCwcCRbziNFGHzSepElRUCTMVo63OLN7P3r_v1UDk0/viewform?sid=45e150dabc729e99&token=cQkNEj0BAAA.tMocWNFHK5fJE4iR6awiPQ.lTd-IiXsYrAYLTUITNICtw>https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1UfCwcCRbziNFGHzSepElRUCTMVo63OLN7P3r_v1UDk0/viewform?sid=45e150dabc729e99&token=cQkNEj0BAAA.tMocWNFHK5fJE4iR6awiPQ.lTd-IiXsYrAYLTUITNICtw

2013 CMMF

Hey all
The calendar is racing towards the Cambridge Mini Maker Faire.
This year, we are hoping to have a much more hands-on presence.
We discussed a few months ago the idea of our presenters facilitating
on-site making and experiencing first hand.

With these things in mind, the good people at CSF are looking for
some specifics on what we might present.

What we would like is a brief description of an activity that would
be appropriate to do in a scene filled with the general public.

You can propose more than one idea, and we will work to develop the
project as needed and identify volunteers to help facilitate.

Presentations of projects are welcome, as they have been in the past.

The date of the event is April 13, and it will run from noon to 4pm
on the tennis courts outside Cambridge Rindge and Latin High
School/Cambridge Public Library.
Contact Name *
Who are you?
Organization Name *
If there is an organization you'll be representing...
Contact email *
So we can get in touch with you regarding organization of the event.
Contact cellphone *
This would likely be used on the day of the event only.
Presentation Name *
3-5 words to describe your presentation
Space Needed *
Think in terms of 10'x10' tent. If you don't need the tent, say so,
and how much of an area you would operate in. If you need more than
one tent, say so.
Electricity needs *
How much? A power strip is normal, do you need more or less?
Table and 2 chairs? *
Regular folding table with two folding chairs.
yes no more? Option 4
Safety aspects *
Basically, you should aim to present something where nobody will get
hurt under the most imaginative conditions. Keep in mind that the MIT
safety people are *Extemely* conservative. In the past they have
repeatedly turned down: soldering, things that burn, projectiles
without a flight plan, flying things of any mass, and sparky devices
have been quarantined.