[HH] eSATA on an ARM board

Federico Lucifredi flucifredi at acm.org
Sun Jan 20 03:51:06 EST 2013

On Jan 20, 2013, at 3:07 AM, Tom Metro wrote:

> Federico Lucifredi wrote:
>> I looked into it after you asked, but was not able to find out anything.
>
> I gather you couldn't identify the SATA chip they are using? Did you
> determine if it is a separate chip or part of the SoC? If the latter,
> did you look at the data sheet for the SoC?

The SATA support comes from the SoC - the iMX534, 535, 536, and 537 can be used on this board, but I am guessing it is the -4

http://cache.freescale.com/files/32bit/doc/data_sheet/IMX53AEC.pdf?pspll=1

How is the "SATA doubler" cable commonly referred to as? I did not know they existed until you mentioned it.

Best -F