[HH] build your own tablet with a Gooseberry board

Tom Metro tmetro+hhacking at gmail.com
Sat Jun 1 01:54:53 EDT 2013

(One of several items from the element14 Single-Board Computers blog
http://www.element14.com/community/community/knode/single-board_computers?view=blog
)

We had a "build your own tablet" thread here a while back. Apparently
some distributor picked up some tablet motherboards and is now selling
($62) them as single board computers:

http://www.element14.com/community/community/knode/single-board_computers/blog/2013/05/18/are-gooseberry-mini-pcs-giving-raspberry-pi-a-run-for-its-money

With a 1 GHz Cortex-A8 and 512MB of RAM, it's not all that impressive.
If I was going to expend the energy on building a tablet, I'd be more
inclined to use the credit-card sized ODROID-U2 (covered here previously):

http://www.element14.com/community/community/knode/single-board_computers/blog/2013/05/07/the-odroid-u2-smallest-ultra-compact-17ghz-quad-core-development-board

which has a 1.7GHz Quad core Exynos 4412 and 2GB of RAM for $89.