[HH] small inexpensive embedded platform

Ted bostonoarsman at gmail.com
Tue Mar 26 14:50:07 EDT 2013

Maybe I'll throw one more platform into the mix: the recently orphaned
Chumby.  Before Chumby Industries closed its doors, my Chumby 8 was a
Flash/Action Script widget player based on the Marvell PXA168 (ARM 9),
128MB of RAM, 2GB of flash, 2 USB ports, wifi, audio (built-in
speakers/microphone), SDHC card slot and a low resolution touch
screen.  At the moment, it's mostly a glorified alarm clock, but there
are other projects that run on this platform (e.g. using Open
Embedded).  Depending on your application, you might want to use a
remaindered Chumby.  The going rate seems to be about the same as a
RaspberryPi on ebay.