[HH] BeagleBone Black Has Arrived

Tom Metro tmetro+hhacking at gmail.com
Mon May 6 21:56:43 EDT 2013

Tariq Bashir Ahmad wrote:
> Dude what do you think of pcduino
>
> http://www.pcduino.com/
>
> I saw their demo at Pycon this year. It outperformed raspberrypi
> significantly.

It's been brought up on the list before:
http://www.mail-archive.com/hardwarehacking@blu.org/msg00858.html
http://www.mail-archive.com/hardwarehacking@blu.org/msg00859.html

Federico says he has one. Other than that, we haven't heard much about it.

> Why not run a workshop using raspberrypi, beaglebone and pcduino to get
> people started with hacking?

There are some existing organizations that are doing something similar.
Artisan Asylum has classes in electronics, and I'm sure one of them
covers this ground. IEEE has offers one-day workshops in embedded
systems on occasion. I think MIT has done likewise.